Welcome New Doctors!
Welcome to Georgia, and welcome to the Omni Eye Services family of referring doctors!
We are so glad that you have chosen the Metro Atlanta area as your new home. It is a wonderful place to live and practice. Georgia has a broad-scope optometry law, and with your help it will be even better in the future. The GOA is a tremendously strong professional organization, thanks to the efforts of each individual O.D. in the state, and the GOA Executive Director, Bryan Markowitz.
We are most proud of the professional doctors of optometry in the area. They work in a variety of practice settings, with the common goals of providing high quality eyecare to patients and the desire to keep optometry strong.
Omni has played a vital role as facilitator of these endeavors and more. We would like to share a brief history of the Omni practice with you, and talk to you about the benefits of using Omni as an extension of your practice.
Please take a few minutes to carefully read this page, and call with any questions at anytime. Terri Boxer is our Director of Marketing, and both she and myself are available for you at any time!
Omni was established to deliver state-of-the-art care for patients, by recruiting the best trained doctors whose primary interest was doing surgery, while leaving primary care to Doctors of Optometry. Surgeons who do alot of surgery are simply better at it. From the beginning, Omni has only seen patients with eye disease or who require surgery. We have never provided routine care, or done anything that competes with our referring doctors. We have stayed true to our original mission statement established in 1980. There are no other practices that we know of in Georgia who have gone to so much effort to avoid competing with area optometrists. Most importantly, our job is to support, protect, and serve the doctors who support us.
What are the benefits to Doctors of Optometry and their patients?
- Omni was a pioneer of co-management in the United States. With 30 years of positive experience using the surgeon/optometrist team approach, we have been able to provide superior care via this model, which has been copied many times across the country
- We have an Optometric Center Director and staff to facilitate interaction with the surgeons, and support optometrists in the non-surgical treatment of patients
- Supporting Omni Eye Services is equivalent to supporting the profession of optometry. Omni has been instrumental in furthering the scope of practice for optometrists, which has tremendously improved access to affordable eye care for patients
- The highest quality patient care available; board certified sub-specialty surgeons who work with optometrists as an extension of optometric practices, without competing for primary care
- NO optical dispensary at any of our offices, a claim that very few practices can make. Even if the MD’s you send to reassure you that patients will be sent back for glasses, how do you insure that relatives and friends who accompany them won’t “browse through the frames” while waiting?!
- Same Day Cataract Surgery Program for straight-forward cataracts, including convenient Van Transportation to the surgery center at no charge to patients
- Special testing, such as digital photography, visual fields, corneal topography, , OCT and IOLmaster along with state-of-the-art LenSx Laser cataract surgery
- Omni’s physicians are nationally recognized for their clinical accomplishments and are often published in professional medical/optometric journals
- Continuing Education Seminars featuring local and nationally known speakers
- Three conveniently located offices throughout the Atlanta Metro Area
- Competent, caring staff to assist your patients, and arrange for them to be seen without delay
- The most comprehensive and optometrically friendly website available anywhere! Included are directions for patients, handouts on a variety of disease conditions and procedures, and bio’s of the Omni Doctors.
- On-Call support for after hours and weekend patient emergencies for Omni supporters and their patients
- Our Marketing Director visits your office to determine your needs, and provides materials that facilitate seamless referrals and communication between professionals